Thursday, April 17, 2014

Juicing

                                 
November of last year I came across a movie on Netflix, that intrigued my mind.  It was Fat Sick andNearly Dead by Joe Cross. It detailed his journey of a 60 day juice fast. During that time he was able to cure a chronic disease, and lose close to 80lbs.  Although I haven’t been successful with completing my personal juice fast, I have been able to add juices to my daily life.  I have struggled with asthma for as long as I can remember, and I also have at least one yearly big sickness. Sometimes its breathing treatments at the ER, and sometimes its sinus infections that make me want to stick my head in the freezer for extended amounts of time.

This year I began adding fresh juice into my life, and I started to notice that throughout the weather ups and downs I only caught one small but, and I was able to go the entire winter season without one breathing treatment.  Today I am going to give my juice recipe, that I use on a daily basis.
1 Cucumber
1 Lemon
1 Green Apple
1in of Ginger
5-6 leaves of Kale
1 cup of Spinach
Voila instant yumminess


I use organic fruits & vegetables that way I don’t have to peel them, I am kinda lazy like that. A couple of pointers would be, use a juicer not a blender, Nutribullet, Ninja, or Vitamix. These are all completely different than a juicer. I use the Breville Juice Fountain Plus, and I love it.  I used a cheap juicer when I first started, and it lasted all of 1 use. So try to get a quality juicer, at a reasonable price. Also I find that I like the juice better if I eat it within a hour of making it, however that's not always convenient so you can make it and save it in the fridge in mason jars for 48 hrs.  

This has pretty much been my morning meal.  I discovered these bars this weekend at Whole Foods, and holy cow they are amazing. They taste kinda like a healthy Eileen's Monster Cookie.  Plus they are local, and I am all about supporting local business. They are actually made down by the OKC Farmers Market.  It also doesn't hurt that the guys from KiZE were in Whole Foods and they aren't too bad on the eyes.


Alright, deuces for now. Tomorrow I will doing a Fashion Friday special. Talking about natural hair. 
-JSqd

1 comment:

  1. Please let me know if you’re looking for a article writer for your site. You have some really great posts and I feel I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d absolutely love to write some material for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please send me an email if interested. Thank you!
    juicing

    ReplyDelete